To sign up to become a Precinct Captain (PC), please complete the form below.
What is a Precinct Captain?
An individual appointed by the Wheeling Township Republican Committeeman and assigned to a specific precinct in Wheeling Township (most likely the one they live in) to engage and establish a relationship with voters in their precinct and act as a representative for the Republicans of Wheeling Township (ROWT).
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly meetings at ROWT Headquarters
- Serve as a year-round point of contact for Republicans in your precinct
- Collect petition signatures for candidates running for office
- Participate in ROWT's candidate endorsement sessions
- Distribute literature and endorsement guides to Republican voters before primaries
- Assist ROWT endorsed candidates with door-to-door voter contact and contribute as part of our political infrastructure
- Convince Republicans and Republican-leaning independents to get out and vote!
What is the time commitment?
Being a precinct captain is a year-round position. The overall time commitment is light and varies depending on the time of year with election season being busier. As a general rule, you should expect to spend around five hours per month on ROWT activities. That being said, the more active you are and the more time you put in, the greater the return and impact you'll have in our organization's success!
New precinct captains will receive training. All current precinct captains will have the opportunity to receive a refresher course on how to use our walk app, utilize our database, best practices, and any upcoming initiatives. If you don’t like the direction of our state and country, are tired of sitting on the sidelines, and want to make a difference in our community, becoming a precinct captain may be right for you!
If you have any questions, email [email protected]
To sign up to become a Precinct Captain, please complete this form and our Elections Operations Committee will get in touch with you. Thank you!